• If you have possible MILD symptoms [new persistent cough or high temperature] stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
This action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
• If you have MODERATE or SEVERE symptoms DO NOT attend Hospital or GP surgery, stay at home and do not leave your house and CALL 111
ADVICE for staying at home
(Please see following link for full advice)
1) Plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
2) Ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
3) Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
4) Sleep alone, if that is possible.
5) Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
6) Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online.
If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Are you on Facebook? We are! Please Follow us by clicking the link OAKFIELD FACEBOOK
1 Appointment 1 Problem 1 Patient:
We politely ask our patients to only discuss one problem per appointment, for the following reasons:
- This helps ensure clinics run to schedule and other patients aren’t inconvenienced.
- We don’t want our doctors to rush through each problem as a serious illness might get missed.
- Too many problems can distract the doctor on dealing with your main problem.
If you need an additional appointment to discuss further problems, our reception will be happy to help.
Non NHS Work:
If you require a private letter to be written on your behalf which does not fall within normal NHS guidelines please download the attached form, complete and return to the surgery with the specified fee.
Patient Request Form
Please note that repeat prescriptions take a full 48 hours (2 whole working days) to prepare. Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that you hand your request into the surgery on time to avoid running out of your medication.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
"DELIVERING SAFER, BETTER, QUALITY CARE AT ALL TIMES"
PEAK TIME TELEPHONE CALLS:
Our peak times for telephone calls are between 8am and 11am. Please try to avoid calling regarding non-urgent matters outside of these times. Please only telephone for test results after 2pm. Thank you.